auto deactivating wind's/progs OS10.4.11

adnarim8

Registered
Hello I am suffering from the same problem as below and there are three accounts on my mac and I am the systems admin but this only happens on my log in. I have tried following the answer posted for below (trashing preferences) but no luck. I have run MacScan and no joy either. Am really at my wits end as the problem is very frustrating, can you offer me any solutions? Another thing that happens if I am working in the finder is I will have two windows open to move a file from one to the other and they both disappear (close).

I have a Imac G5 with MacOS10.4.11 running. Since a couple of weeks I am experiencing a strange problem.
The program/window I am working in is deactivated automatically after a few minutes or less. This happens with all programs.
E.g. when I am writing an email, all of a sudden I notice that the text I type does not appear on the screen. Then I notice that the mail window is not active anymore and the menu changed to Finder.
This also happens with all other applications.
If I am in a finder window, the window also disappears.
So far it was only frustrating, but now I am trying to copy a big directory and this copy stops everytime when the window closes.

Does anybody has any tips to solve this problem?

Back