Automator Word to Pages

markwalters

Registered
I have a large number of Word Files that I would like to have opened in iWork '08 Pages and re-saved in a set location as a Pages file format. I would love to also have a droplet that I can drop word files on which will convert then convert them to pdf and save them on the desktop.

Another droplet to convert pages to pdf would be nice too.

If anyone could help me it would be great...I'm using a MAcbook Pro 15" with 2 GB ram and Leopard with all the updates!

thanks

m.

Sure I would love to.....but I really don't understand automator....I'm wondering if anyone has this sequence of things created for automator?

Even if I use automator to batch open 300 MS Word Files to print them...I will still have to click "ok" or "print" on each one...I don't want to do this 300 or more times!

I just want to select all 300-400 MS Word Documents, and click print...or drag them to an automator task, or droplet or whatever so they will all print....no other action required.

I don't have to knowledge base to try to create this automator task myself....use Applescript with GUI or anything else....I really need someone with a few minutes that can set me up with this!

thanks

Back