Battery Recal

jwf222

Registered
Okay I have a 17" Mac Book Pro. When I bought it, I was doing well financially (the opposite of now), and I got the best of everything in the options you select. Biggest hard drive, most memory, etc. Well now I'm getting ready to sell it, but I need to get a new battery first. I think it's under recall, I ran the new update they have out and it didnt fix it. It said if that didnt fix it, to call. I called and they said it was going to be like $49.99. Well after hanging up I went back and read the page, and it says you can call for free wether or not it's under warranty for this battery thing. So now I'm holding for 25 minutes again! I'm just selling it in order to get a desktop, because I dont need a laptop, and they have some sweet desktops out, but there customer support really hacks me off!!!! I work in customer support, and I would have been fired over and over for he way they are on the phone! Anyway, does anyone have any battery tips while I'm sitting here on speaker waiting for them to answer? Is their customer service always like this? Also, I'm going to copy and paste what's on my system, and see if yall have any ideas what I may be able to get for it on ebay. Its 1.5 yeas old, has windows and leopard, and has been used probably an average of 3 hours per week. Im just not a hardcore computer user, so I dont need this thing! Check it out, and see what you think. I was hoping for $1800 so I could get the desktop I want, but I have no idea what these things go for! Also please let me know about the battery! The problem is, when unplugged, it just randomly cuts off! Thanks:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,2
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP12.0061.B03
SMC Version: 1.5f10
Serial Number: W86280LBTJ1
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Thanks for any ballpark figures or battery tips! Hope yall all have a great rest of the week!

John

the second guy i got was very helpful and a new battery is on the way! ill have to look to see if there's a classified section because this computer is now officially for sale!

Based on what i see at lowendmac.com, you might be able to get at least $1400 for it on ebay......

Back