best place to buy Ti667 ?

dtmdoc

UC Gundam Freak
I was what you guys thought. I am looking to buy
a Ti 667 over the next couple of weeks with 512 Mb, applecare
and Airport card.

I can purchase from apple.com from the educational section. i was
wondering where the best place to buy is? apple.com? an apple store?
macmall? mac wharehouse?

TIA

I bought mine at the Apple Store because I want to support it and help it to become profitable. Also, I can return my opened box system for a restocking fee, whereas if I bought it as MacMall, I am SOL if I want to return the machine.

You should buy your PowerBook G4 and the Authorized Apple Reseller with the lowest price. Buying from the Apple Store will always be the most expensive option with really no foreseen benefit. Most resellers offer open box returns as well, just be sure to read over their policies before purchasing. You support Apple either way by buying direct or through a reseller. Also, never buy ram through the Apple Store. It will always be cheaper elsewhere.

As for your Apple Care, you have a year from the day you purchase your PowerBook to buy it. Why give Apple $350 when it's not going to do anything for you for atleast a year. It's best to wait a few months before your 1 year warranty is up before purchasing Apple Care and put that $350 to better use over the next 10 months.

Originally posted by azosx
You should buy your PowerBook G4 and the Authorized Apple Reseller with the lowest price. Buying from the Apple Store will always be the most expensive option with really no foreseen benefit. Most resellers offer open box returns as well, just be sure to read over their policies before purchasing. You support Apple either way by buying direct or through a reseller. Also, never buy ram through the Apple Store. It will always be cheaper elsewhere.

As for your Apple Care, you have a year from the day you purchase your PowerBook to buy it. Why give Apple $350 when it's not going to do anything for you for atleast a year. It's best to wait a few months before your 1 year warranty is up before purchasing Apple Care and put that $350 to better use over the next 10 months.

i wasnt aware of that.... thanks for the tip re:
the apple care. :)

i love this forum.. very informative.

Back