Boot Camp 1.1.2 issues

Quasimime

Registered
Hi y'all, I tried to install the latest Boot Camp software on a MacBook Pro 15" 2.33GHz running latest Mac OS X (software updated already).

It was an easy installation process but once I got into WinXP and *after* I installed the Mac drivers, my built-in keyboard and trackpad failed to operate. Frustrating but not an issue once I plugged in a wired keyboard as I was able to continue with the "Found New Hardware" process. Ok, so now the video card, Apple keyboard, etc. are functional.

My remaining (big) issue: no network adapters recognized. Using the drivers installation disc created by Boot Camp, I watch the installation go through network adapters, etc. but it fails once it reaches the iSight dialogue box. I continue but then I get an error -1603 that the installation msi failed and it rolls back any modifications. In short, because the installation process doesn't get a chance to complete, I am without any internet access.

I thought that there was a problem with the installation file or disc so I went back to Boot Camp Assistant and burned another disc to try again. Nope, that didn't work. I downloaded Boot Camp 1.1.2 again just in case, installed it, burned another disc and tried again. Nope, that didn't work. I've checked out other forums and can't find the same issue.

So, anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? Or, should I try to find Boot Camp 1.1 and install that instead?

TIA

Nevermind. I used Boot Camp Assistant to get rid of the WinXP partition and then went through the process again. Didn't do anything differently, but it went smooth and without a hitch. Huh?

Thanks, eric2006.
I realize it's beta and I think it's excellent already. Posts were by no means a slag on the product. I think it rocks. :)

Back