Boot SNOW leopard 10.6 Installer via DVD USB -external drive

ABJ10

Registered
Greetings!

I have a intel macbook which had tiger earlier and a optical drive that conked.

I wanted to install SL 10.6 on the machine and as i went about clean installing i happened to erase the whole volume MACINTOSH HD, therefore no MAC platform; leaving thereby only the Bootcamp XP platform which i updated with the SL bootcamp drivers(version 3). The installation earlier didnt go further as it said "SL requires 10.5 already installed".

However iam sure it can be installed if its erased and done, as seen in about.com n several other forums.

Now without macos iam not able to use startup Disk to boot from DVD external. the XP doesnt show DVD installer in its bootcamp control panel. Pressing the Option key on power up shows only windows disk.

i only have a external DVD slim USB drive, and i reckon it may need refit and its likes which may need macos?; however is it possible to somehow boot from this DVD in the external Drive ..

Alternatively is there a way i format the whole disk (all partitions) and boot using the DVD on teh external drive so that i can install SL10.6 and other bootcamp fro Windows ?

Your suggestion at the earliest will be appreciated.

Regards

@ djackmack

Thanks for your query; as i poited out ,

while startup then "option" key is showing only the windows Disk for boot (as machintosh HD is deleted) ..

alternatively, later i tried pressing "alt + command+P+R" (PRAM) immediately after STARTUP(pressed power button) and held for atleast 3-4 chimes . Doing this i thought The DVD is taking time to be recognised. Thereofre after 4 chimes I immediately pressed only "OPTION" key and EUREKA.. it showed "INSTALL MAC OS X DVD " icon alongwith "WINDOWS DISK"...

But here is the Sad part , it showed INSTAll DVD but once i clicked it ..IT FRRROOZE... for ten minutes the DVD was winding inside and later i suppose it IGNORED and booted up XP derecognising the EXTERNAL DVD in the My computer menu.

I hope this is clear; any suggestions to get this External USB OPtical DVD DRIVE to install OSX 10.6 will be much appreciated..

Back