Broadband Router connectivity

tlsimmons

Registered
I need to find a router that will connect my husband's PC with Vista to my iMac with OSX 10.2.8. We actually have a wireless router - the modem is hooked up through my husband's computer - but can't seem to find a wireless adapter that will work. We are willing to get a regular wired adapter until I can upgrade my OS, but can't do that right now since the CD drive on my computer is not working.
Please Help!!!!
Tracy in Texas

You might want to rearrange the way you have things connected. Does your iMac already have an Airport card in it? If so, then you're already good to go with wireless. What you need to do now is connect that modem to the wireless router's WAN port, and then connect the Vista PC and the iMac through wireless. If the Vista PC doesn't have a wireless card installed, you can purchase a wireless PCI card for the Vista PC practically anywhere.

Once you have it connected in the fashion I described, you have to configure the router with some information from your ISP. The instructions on how to configure your wireless router should have been included with the router. That should detail everything you need to know on how to access the configuration page of your router. If you don't have it, you can always check the manufacturer's site for documentation on your model router.

Back