building MySQL on Jaguar

jachin

Registered
hi there

I'm have quite a bit of trouble building MySQL 3.23.52 on Jaguar.

I've read several news groups and webpages.... and all the advise seems to have something to do with "-ltermcap"

I have no idea what this is but any time I add it to where ever it is I'm told to I can't configure it. It almost gets done then I get this error:

config.status: creating os2/Makefile
config.status: creating os2/include/Makefile
config.status: creating os2/include/sys/Makefile
config.status: creating re
config.status: error: cannot find input file: re.in

If I leave out any mention of "-ltermcap" it configures fine but then I get the same error on compilation that everyone else does.

If someone has a fix or an idea please let me know.

thanks

-jachin

P.S. the only reason I'm building it and not just using a package is because I have to do everything remotly... though ssh. If anyone knows how to add (I already tried pkg_add) packages though the shell that would help too.

hi there

well I finally figured out what was causing the problem... aparently the text editor I was using... pico... was causing the configure file to get screwed up.... I can't imagin why pico has never given me trouble before.

anyway now I can configure it fine but when I try to make it I get this error:

gcc -O -DDBUG_OFF -traditional-cpp -DHAVE_DARWIN_THREADS -D_P1003_1B_VISIBLE -DSIGNAL_WITH_VIO_CLOSE -DSIGNALS_DONT_BREAK_READ -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH -o mysqltest mysqltest.o ../libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.a -lz -lm -lz -lm
g++ -DUNDEF_THREADS_HACK -I./../include -I../include -I./.. -I.. -I.. -O3 -DDBUG_OFF -fno-implicit-templates -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -traditional-cpp -DHAVE_DARWIN_THREADS -D_P1003_1B_VISIBLE -DSIGNAL_WITH_VIO_CLOSE -DSIGNALS_DONT_BREAK_READ -c mysqlbinlog.cc
mysqlbinlog.cc: In function `int parse_args(int *, char ***)':
mysqlbinlog.cc:197: implicit declaration of function `int strtoull(...)'
make[2]: *** [mysqlbinlog.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

any help would be very nice

thanks

-jachin

Back