Buying SDRAM from eBay???

snø

Registered
i am in Germany and i would like to get more ram. i have a G4 400 AGP. how do i know if the SDRAM advertised will fit, or will they all work as long as they have 168 pins? i see ads like this:
**512 MB SD RAM PC133** Garantie

thanks,
snø

snø said:
i am in Germany and i would like to get more ram. i have a G4 400 AGP. how do i know if the SDRAM advertised will fit, or will they all work as long as they have 168 pins? i see ads like this:
**512 MB SD RAM PC133** Garantie

thanks,
snø

Yep, that one will fit, but not everything with 168 pins will. Any chip advertised as PC100 or PC133 SDRAM will work :)

Same question different model - I want to add ram to my eMac (though i wouldn't trust ebay for RAM). The price difference between Kingston and a batch of suppliers at Ramseeker is phenomenal! What do i need to do to make sure the Ram I get is good?

system
eMac 700 w/geforce 2 mx

pds said:
Same question different model - I want to add ram to my eMac (though i wouldn't trust ebay for RAM). The price difference between Kingston and a batch of suppliers at Ramseeker is phenomenal! What do i need to do to make sure the Ram I get is good?

system
eMac 700 w/geforce 2 mx

Kingston and brand suppliers give a lifetime warranty. Doesn't make much difference, because if a chip is dead, then it is dead. It doesn't just die overnight. So you're probably protected by one- or two-year warranty laws anyway.

The vendors on Ramseeker are all known good, reputable venders. Almost all of the memory I've bought over the years has come from either MacSolutions or 1-800-4-Memory. As long as the they give a lifetime warranty, you're okay.

Has anyone bought 1GB RAM sticks for the new PowerBooks?

Outside the States the prices are just silly, so a friend of mine has agreed to purchase on my behalf...

If someone has experience of buying 1GB sticks online, that would be great - different stores seem to confuse between 1GB kits (i.e. 2 x 512 MB) and 1GB sticks...

2 GB in my PB sounds good!!!

Thanks...

;-)

I just checked out ramseeker but had troubles with it in Safari. It worked fine in IE though. I'mn using Safari 1.2. Maybe pithhelmet was interfering with it.

Back