Can DVD/HDD recorder be used/connected to G4

xrc

Registered
Hi,

MacG4 double 2 x 1.25Ghz, OSX10.3.8, 1,792 ram, 200/80/60 G hard drives.

First off I live in Japan. Basically America has the same models but the Japanese have much larger hard disks. For example: The largest Pioneer in the U.S. is 80G and here in Japan they have 600G. And the language is Japanese here. I can handle that!

I'd like to know if anyone has ever used a DVD/HardDisk Recorder (for ex. Pioneer DVR-520H-S~DVR-920H-S http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_15019870_128554781,00.html or Sony RDH-HX90 or HX70 or any others like those etc.) in place of an internal/external DVD Recorder? (for ex. super-drive).
The ones I've checked out have... iLink cable connections (MPG2 TS and S400) as well as Digital Video input...HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)... I don't exactly know what everything means though.

Why?

"Kill two birds with one stone."

1) To Use the DVD/HDD to record DVD's from my Mac using either iMovieHD, iDVD, Final Cut Pro, Premiere etc.)?

2) To Use the DVD/HDD to record (from software above) from my Mac onto the HDD drive directly?

3) To record digital TV to either the DVD/HDD, then move that movie, tv program, concert etc. to my Mac to be edited (using the above software) and recorded back onto DVD/HDD?

Any ideas? Has anyone tried these steps?

Back