Can I Convert WMA to MP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem with .wma, have no idea if they are unprotected or not.

I read somewhere about using Switch to convert .wma to .mp3. So I downloaded both Switch and Flip4Mac (which was required to be had at the same time) but it seems to convert anything BUT .wma. Anyhow, the Flip4Mac plugin allowed me to open the .wma in Quicktime and I tried saving it on Quicktime into an iPhone format, then open it with iTunes. It worked! Hope this helps.

All my music files are MP3s except for one, which is an WMA file. How can I convert this to MP3 so that it will be compatible with my iTunes and iPod?

Hello,Amie!!!
based on what you say,i think you are a music fan too.I always enjoy music fun since i bought my ipod nano.My dear friend told me a better converter like iTunes called iPod Video Converter,which is definitely a good choice for you to convert kinds of videos to iPod video files on the new iPod range: iPod Touch, iPod Video Nano and of course the new iPod Classic. Being powerful but easy to use, It enables you to convert all popular audio and video files, such as AVI, MPEG, MOV, MP4, VOB, DivX, XviD, AAC, AC3, MP3 ect. to MPEG 4 and H.264 Video, MP3 and WAV audio that can be playable on iPod family.

i came to this article looking to transfer a WMA to a MP3 file and i found that the program AVS was a fast free download and quick transfer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Daniusoft WMA MP3 Converter is a better choice.Like it can convert DRM WMA to MP3 or other audio formats including m4a, ac3, aac, wma, wav, ogg, ape. And extract audio track from DRM WMV and play the original video music on different players such as iPod, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen, Archos etc. And high conversion speed is another highlight.

The easiest way is going to be burning the WMA file onto a CD as an audio CD not a data CD and then re-importing the newly created audio CD into iTunes. You will need Windows Media Player to create the audio CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back