Can I manually manage videos for my iPod?

Convert

Tech
Hey,

Basically, I've been encoding Family Guy episodes for my iPod, Season 1-3... many episodes, each one is 200mb in size. You can guess that this takes up a lot of space on the powerbook. I checked the preferences and it allows me to choose what video playlists to update. That won't work. I've tried the "Do not update videos" option and that has not worked.

Heeelp?

(Do _not_ bump. If nobody answers, nobody has an answer yet.) -- I don't quite get what the problem is. Basically, you'll have those videos on the iPod that are also on the PowerBook. Can't have them on the iPod and _not_ on the PowerBook. Unless you stop synching the iPod at all.

fryke said:
(Do _not_ bump. If nobody answers, nobody has an answer yet.) -- I don't quite get what the problem is. Basically, you'll have those videos on the iPod that are also on the PowerBook. Can't have them on the iPod and _not_ on the PowerBook. Unless you stop synching the iPod at all.

You can do that with songs, so why not videos?

texanpenguin said:
Turn on manually manage playlists?

But wouldn't this require a host playlist? I want to keep all the videos on the iPod not the powerbook, wouldn't the playlists require an identical copy on the powerbook?

But wouldn't this require a host playlist? I want to keep all the videos on the iPod not the powerbook, wouldn't the playlists require an identical copy on the powerbook?

No, if you turn on Manual Update (itunes-->preferences-->ipod) you can erase the videos from your powerbook and it won't affect what's on the ipod. On the other side of the coin, anything you encode will have to be added to your ipod manually (thus manual update)

ra3ndy said:
No, if you turn on Manual Update (itunes-->preferences-->ipod) you can erase the videos from your powerbook and it won't affect what's on the ipod. On the other side of the coin, anything you encode will have to be added to your ipod manually (thus manual update)

Oh, Manual Update for songs?

Back