Can we moderate war?

twister

Howdy
Everyone has an opinion on the war and I don't want to stop anyone from voicing their opinions or views as long as they are in a good manner. But it seems to me that posts are popping up every day and I think this site should have a plan or a way to deal with the possibly offensive and very personal views on the war. I think that this is a MAC board and the in-depth discussions on war should be taken else ware.

One, small, solution I think, is to have a War forum area. Or maybe send out announcements that something to the fact that 'We think that your opinions on war are valid, however they might be more useful at a site like CNN or someplace else."

I hope I don't offend anyone by this suggestion but I wanted to put it out there.

Thanks
Twister

gee, i wish we could moderate war. seems the UN has been attempting that with no success. :rolleyes:

i let this sit unanswered for a couple of hours to see if anyone else had anything to add. obviously i am a big participant in these threads and so have a bit of a bias. but the discussion of such subjects among people who otherwise have good relationships is a positive thing i believe. while we might sound like a bunch of bickering old nannies at times, the truth is we are much more likely to listen and learn from each other here than in debates with total strangers at real political sites. this is an event of such magnitude that ignoring it would be more harmful than good. both sides are speaking form a place of fear and not facing that is the worse thing we could do.
i also don't see the point in setting up a temporary forum just for war. but i could see the point in moving them all to ??? for the time being as they certainly aren't a topic we really prepared for and there is a lot of interest in it right now. if others agree to this, i'm willing to do that much. :)

I don't see a problem with discussions regarding war as long as it doesn't end up in the rumors section or any other section that does not relate. The Cafe seems to be the proper place for war chat and everything else off-topic

Back