Cannot see PC on Mac under OSX 10.3

OSX_Man33

Registered
Hello,

I have a PC (win2000) and a Mac (OSX 10.3). The Mac sees the pc, the PC doesn't see the Mac. Clicking the windows network icon in network neighborhood gets me a login screen, I type name and pw I use when logging in on Mac and click OK but that's rejected.
On the Mac in Preferences:Sharing 'Windows Sharing' is on. That's all there is to opening up your Mac for windows users right? Under 10.2.8 there was an option in Preferences:Accounts 'allow user to log in under windows' (which is precisely what I am trying to do) but that option is gone in 10.3.
Opening the Mac's firewall make's no diffrence...

How can I get to see the Mac again from my PC?

Thanks,
Marc

Zammy-Sam said:
Did you turn on File Sharing as well?
I use 10.3.1

Personal File Sharing
Windows Sharing
Remote login

are all on.

The "Shared' folder in my users folder is accessible to me - read write

Both computers are on same LAN
the Mac can be pinged from the PC
the PC can be accessed from the Mac

opning network neighborhood in Windows explorer shows the icon belonging to the Mac;
Clicking it gives me a popup asking username/password

I use same usrnam/pw - 2000 replies : unknown

btw - i 'am logged in on the Mac as this same user I am trying to log in from windows. Makes a difference?

If I make another user - that's not logged in on the Mac I can log in from Windows as this user.....

I never had this trouble under 10.2.8 if I remember right

Hmmm, looks like you did everything that was necessary. I have to admit I never tried this way. I mostly need to access my pc from my mac which works just fine. But I know I did this for my Dad who is working on an alubook directly plugged to the WinXP pc and it works just fine as well. You can "double log" (be logged and access folders from the network using the same login). He is also running panther..
Now one desperate step: try to turn off remote login. I didn't have this one on on my Dads mac.
If nothing works, which COULD be because of Win2000 as well, I would setup a ftp-server on your mac which should ease the access from the pc.

Back