can't boot because of panther install

mobytex

Registered
I have a B&W G3. I just tried installing Panther and toward the end of the first installation disk, it said that there were errors with installation and I had to restart. I did and tried again and got the same message. I went to startup disk and noticed that it said the hard drive was running 10.3 despite of the installation failure so I tried starting up witht he hard drive. It hangs on the grey screen spinning wheel. I tried holding down option, x, and c and none of them work. I can no longer start up with an installation cd. I have tried resetting the PRAM, starting up in open firmware mode, starting up with control-S, and none of them seem to be effective. I do not have third-party RAM and I have unplugged all of my peripherals and disconnected from the internet. I cannot even turn the computer off without physically unplugging it, because only the reset button works and not the power button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am basically stuck and cannot do anything at all.

Thank you.

Damaged installer disk? Have you tried the disk in another machine? Try making an image of the disk and burning a new one. It could still be RAM related, so you might try yanking RAM and see what happens.

Back