cant hear any sound with classic

new_roti

Registered
hi

have a little proble with classic.

i have a g5 with 10.3.4 classic is running fine.
there are some presentations an my mac in a flash-player format (not swf)
(its a player with the swf)

if i open the file its starts in classic , cause it is an classic application.
i tested if can hear any sound via classic....nothing happens. why?
i dont have the as swf to launch it in osx with sound
what can i do now to hear any sound via classic?

thanks

OS X takes over the sound control panel. With Classic running, have you tried to raise the volume level?

There are some applications that do not work well in classic because some of the extensions do not load. Try this:

Open the System Preferences and select Classic. Click on Advanced. Select Open Extension Manager, then click on Start Classic. From there check to make sure the Flash Player extension is active, then click on start.

hi

volume is on trhe highest level with external amplifier, i cant hear anything.
thanks for your tipp; i also tried it. nothing happens there.

its quite funny its not only a flashplayer problem. i tried to play some sound and videos in the old quicktimeplayer an other sound tool....
nothing!

Are you sure you have your flash player set to play the sound? It could be the Classic app's problem. I know that things like Loop and Sound have to be set within Flash for them to work in an exported flash file. I use Flash 4 currently.

Check OS X Sound Pref pane and then check the classic sound control panel and make sure it's been activated.

Go to your hard drive, Library (this is the root library that is sitting next to your System X folder). Open Preferences, the locate and trash the com.apple.soundpref.plist file.

Go to System Preferences >Sound and make sure you have it set to your speakers and you do not have it set to mute.

Back