Canvas 3.5.5 not able to used new printe

qhawe

Registered
im using a system which is usind the os X and in these system im using a software called canvas 3.5.5. I understand the software used to work with Os 9 but in my system it works with OS X. The problem is the software was using an hp laserjet 2100 series and right now i dont have that printer. I now hae a hp laserjet p1500 series. The software doesnot recognise these printer. can soemeone help me i dont want to try and find that old printer, is there anything i can do

Thanx

qhawe

Four things:
  1. Canvas 3.5.5 was released in 1995 as the fifth update to Canvas 3.5. System 7.5 was the Macintosh operating system extant. This version will run natively on System 7.x and MacOS 7.6 through MacOS 9.2.2. It cannot run on MacOS X except within the Classic environment under MacOS X on PPC-based Macs.
  2. Canvas 3.5.5 has debug code which allows it to run only up to a certain date. Canvas 3.5.6 is a free update available online. It extends the date limit. Find it, download, and install it.
  3. You don't say which version of MacOS X you have. In newer versions--MacOS X 10.4 and, I believe, MacOS X 10.3--the Classic environment use tunnels to the MacOS X print system and uses its drivers. In the older versions of MacOS X, the Classic environment requires its own print drivers. On the older OS, only PostScript and USB printers were supported.
  4. If you upgraded your OS to MacOS X 10.4 from an older version, then you may need to update your print driver. You may need to rerun Printer Setup. If your Classic environment does not see your new driver, then you may have to run the Chooser under the Classic Apple menu.

Back