CD/DVD Authoring in XP (BootCamp, Parallels)

wobblyrock

Registered
I'm getting a bit too much information and I'm hoping to succinctly pose a question and get direct answers:

1. Background, New to owning a mac (tho not necessarily using one)
2. Own a Intel Duo 2 Core Mac and am comfortable installing either BootCamp and/or Parallels (most recent versions)

Question:
If I would like to use a CD/DVD Authoring Software native to Windows - specifically Nero 7 - is this possible under BootCamp?

Please confirm my suspicions that it is currently NOT a possibility with Parallels.

Does anyone know whether Nero's Linux version would be functional on the Intel Mac?

I apologize for throwing my hands up and not thoroughly deciphering the signal from the noise in this (& other groups) but I appreciate in advance any help or experience the forum can offer.

Cheers

All Boot Camp allows you to do is install WIndows on another partition. If you have already done this, you can just install Nero on your Windows partition.

If you want to do this on Mac OS X, you can use Disk Utility. Disk Utility also allows you to create and burn ISO images (although they show up as .cdr, you can change the extension to .iso and it will work just fine). If you need something similar to Nero, there's always Toast Titanium (now owned by Roxio).

Also, Mac OS X is not Linux nor is it based on Linux. The UNIX-y part of Mac OS X is actually BSD based and is called Darwin. And while I would recommend the Windows version of Nero, I wouldn't even bother using Nero for Linux on a Linux installation. Nero for Linux is a horrible mess.

Back