changing osx load screen image/color

tfucini

Registered
is there any way to change the blue screen that appears when osx is loading to a different color or better yet an image?

Sorry to dig up this really old question, but I've got pretty much the same question.

It's possible to change it to a different colour in Leopard. Sort of...

You can make the blue screen last for half as long by editing the value for

Root > Colors > FrenchBlue

in this file:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Configuration.plist
(see here)

Changing that will mean when you turn on your mac, you will get a grey apple boot screen, a blue screen, and then your custom-coloured screen.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to customize the colour of the first blue screen as well. I think it is related to the blue screen that fades in and out when you change resolutions or plug in an external monitor. So if anyone knows where that plist is, please let me know...

Natobasso, that's not what I was talking about but it does make the boot process a bit more unified, especially if you use the login screen.

What I'd really like to have is a light grey screen from power on right up until my user wallpaper loads. I don't like how it has a grey screen then a blue screen then my desktop wallpaper.

Somewhere in the system files there is probably another 'French Blue' (or maybe under another name) defined in a plist that I want to change to the same grey as the apple logo boot screen. There are two. I've found one of them (as above) but the other seems to be somewhere else.

I think I've got something against aqua at the moment... :p

Just in case this wasn't completely answered I wanted to share a way to change the startup/logout color.

Find the file Configuration.plist (as stated above):

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

and open it with TextEdit.

scroll down toward the bottom to find this:

<key>Palettes</key>
<dict>
<key>Standard</key>
<dict>
<key>Desktop</key>
<string>FrenchBlue</string>
<key>Fade</key>
<string>FrenchBlue</string>

and change it to:

<key>Palettes</key>
<dict>
<key>Standard</key>
<dict>
<key>Desktop</key>
<string>Black</string>
<key>Fade</key>
<string>Black</string>

You can also choose LightGray or MediumGray (written as one word).

Hah. I totally forgot about this thread.

Thanks jerad54k, that works for me on Snow Leopard :)

Edit: LightGray seems to be the same colour as the boot screen.

Perfect jerad54k! but there is a grey "flash" between OS load, and desktop operture...

I change all the values in Configuration.plist to "black", but the grey flash appers again...

is there any way to blackize this grey flash???

Thanks

Back