Chat Software?

MacMatt

Registered
We have access to DigiChat Software via our provider, and wanted to know if folks here think it would be a value added feature, or if they think it will go unused.

Matt

Originally posted by MacMatt
We have access to DigiChat Software via our provider, and wanted to know if folks here think it would be a value added feature, or if they think it will go unused.

In my experience it takes a *damn* high visitor count to make critical mass for a chat feature. I don't think even 10,000 a day is enough.

Originally posted by Eolake
In my experience it takes a *damn* high visitor count to make critical mass for a chat feature. I don't think even 10,000 a day is enough. [/B]

May be so, but i think it would be a real cool thing.
I even think it would attract more users. The point is, there is no real chatbox for OSX. So people will come here to chat. In my opionion

"WAY COOL"

DJ

Rather than just browse the articles, comments, etc., chat would offer this site another means of communication between members on various subjects and I think it might facilitate responses to some issues that arise with OS X problems, but ultimately, the decision should depend on the relative difficulty, usage and cost. I don't think you need a very large number of chatting members at a site of this nature to justify having chat available, but that's only one man's opinion who isn't paying your bills. <g>
MacRichie

True but in a chat way of solving problems people will repeat and repeat and retpeat and will sound like broken records, and they will get tired of it, but in a post-way of doing things the info is there posted for all to see.

Putt that chat on !
it would be cool !
Then you have the bord + a chat !
that is one of the best ways too communicate with !
so do it ! and the ones huh are getting bored of it..
just go on and post like mad into the forum :D
-Just do IT !!! ;)

write your own chat system that works with the boards.

If someone asks, "how do I [...]?", the chat software should be able to offer up links to previous posts on the boards. Otherwise you will get people in chat that will spam a question or 3, 6 or 100 people could ask the same question within a days time and never get the answer cause they didn't check the boards where it was clearly spelled out.

just my 2 cents.
can I have it back?

Back