Chimera 0.6 History--where is it?

MacLuv

Reloaded
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/chimera/releasenotes.html

under "known issues" is the following:

There is no History visible in the UI by default. You can make the History tab in the sidebar visible by adding this line to your prefs.js file in the Chimera profile folder:
user_pref("chimera.show_history", true);

all fine and dandy, but when you open the prefs.js file, one sees this:

# Mozilla User Preferences
// This is a generated file!

user_pref("browser.history.last_page_visited", "");
user_pref("browser.popups.showPopupBlocker", false);
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.mozilla.org/projects/chimera/");
user_pref("chimera.search_page", "");
user_pref("chimera.use_system_home_page", true);
user_pref("dom.disable_open_click_delay", 1000);
user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", true);
user_pref("intl.charset.detector", "universal_charset_detector");
user_pref("network.cookie.cookieBehavior", 0);
user_pref("network.cookie.warnAboutCookies", true);
user_pref("security.warn_leaving_secure", false);

I cannot make changes to this file... it's generated! (adding the user_pref line to the file and saving it does not work... it reverts back to this version)

How do I get the history tab to show up in Chimera!!!

D'OH... this is what happens when you don't have any sleep... ever read that manual on how to fix your VW? maybe they should have put in...

QUIT YER BROWSA FIRST, THEN EDIT DA TEXT FILE...

sheeeeeeeeeesh.... time for bed...

I really like you... must catch up with you one day if I ever visit NZ. I have a couple of friends in Wellington. Might catch up with you one day. You are funny.

Originally posted by plastic
I really like you... must catch up with you one day if I ever visit NZ. I have a couple of friends in Wellington. Might catch up with you one day. You are funny.

Yes, well my wife IS going away to Thailand for 8 weeks pretty soon, but I'm not sure I'm ready for this sort of commitment between us... you can't miss me, though... I'm the guy running around trying to put the ozone layer back, one piece at a time...

Back