Classic start up

basshead6949

Registered
Hi Guys,

Just found an old game I used to play in the nineties, downloaded it and tried to run it on my G5 (PPC). Now, it used to work on this same computer about a year ago but I've been using my intel MacbookPro recently so it's been out of action. Anyway, I tried opening it today and Classic opens and just doesn't start up. It doesn't actually freeze which is odd but it literally has no files to run from by the looks of it. I tried Classic with other apps as well so it's not the game.

So, I delved into "users, me, library, classic" and found a folder called "start up items" which is empty for some reason. I'm pretty sure this is the problem (if otherwise please advise) and I need to know what files SHOULD be in there, and if you know that, perhaps you know where I can get them ;)

Please help guys, I'm dying to play this game again!!

D

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not trying to run it on an intel mac, It's on PPC. Anyway I think I know what I need now, it's the "Additional Software & Apple Hardware Test disc" from 10.3. I think that was the OS I started on. But sadly I can't find the disc and can't find it anywhere online either, any ideas??

Back