"closing" browser?

jufo

Registered
I tried to download Macromedia Flash 8 and I get to the install and the dialogue box says I must "close the browser" before install can occur.
The only thing I have open is this dialogue box on my screen.
Do I just - click on safari on the dock then use 'quit' ?
Please help, as I am a newbie and ths is a first download as such.
I am running MACOS X 10.46
Thankyou

Yes, you can quit that way or you can go to the menu for the application (you'll see the application's name on the far left if your in its menu) and select File-->Quit. You can also quit out by using the keyboard command which is Command-Q (the Command key is the key with the apple symbol and "flower" symbol on it).

Just remember that on the Mac, closing a window from the red button doesn't necessarily quit out of the application as it does in Windows. (To be honest, Apple hasn't followed their own rules on this so even some of their apps will quit from the red button while others only close the window of the application if you click on the red button...hopefully they'll show consistency one way or another in the 10.5.) :rolleyes:

One other thing to notice. If the icon is located on the Dock before the app is launched, you'll notice a small black triangle underneath the icon if the application is open. Once it's closed, the black triangle disappears. If the icon was never located on the dock, you'll see the application's icon there when it's running, but once you quit it will disappear. If you want to place that application's icon in the Dock so that it's easier to launch, just head to wherever the application is located on your Mac and drag it to the Dock (the rest of the icons on the Dock will "move" out of the way so that you can drop it in the Dock).

Back