Coding: iTunes Frontend

Trillian

Useless Icon Porter
ok, I've coded a few simple widgets for konfabulator before, but this would be my first attempt at doing something that isn't javascript and xml. What I want to do is to make a highly skinable frontend program for iTunes.

(for more background on what it would do, see pretty much all of this thread. I'd post a summary, but there's alot to cover, and I don't want to forget any of it. http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=207255 )

My main questions are these: How much trouble am I getting myself into? I'm guessing that this is a pretty big undertaking for a first timer.

And was I correct on that I should code it in apple script so that it can interface with iTunes easyer? Comments and suggestions on what I need to code it in are very helpful- I still have to figure out what lanauge I need to learn. :p

And my lastest question for now- would it be a good idea to try and get multiple people involved in this, and host it on sf.net? The main problem I see with this is that I'd be lagging alot behind others as far as coding knowage is concerend.

I may be mainly a graphics weenie, but I'm a graphics weenie on a mission dangit.

-keifer :)

If you are doing something like this, I would be interested in helping. I don't know if/how I can help (i have a strong background in PHP/HTML, but very few skills in non-web programming) but I want something like this for use in a car (i/PowerBook + touchscreen LCD + Digital 5.1 amp + usb - optical audio + itunes/dvd player/quicktime etc. The ultimate in-car experience.)

Back