Compatibility of Samsung D600 mobile phone

Marjolijn

Registered
Hello

I have a Samsung D600 mobile phone. It had a USB cable to connect it to a computer but it does not work as smoothly as that on my G4 OS 10,3,9. It is not recognized as external disk or anything, the system sees it as modem, but that doesn't bring me any further. The phone does support bluetooth, could I get access to it that way? If so, how? The phone says it "does not detect any bluetooth devices". What should I change / install / set up on my computer to get bluetooth to work and connect to my phone?
The goal ultimately is to transfer the photo's i took with the phone's built-in camera to my computer.
I find no help at Samsung, maybe you know?
Thanks in advance.

Marjolijn

To use it with bluetooth:

1) Turn on bluetooth on mac and phone. Make both discoverable.
2) Use the system preferences/bluetooth/devices/set up new device
to find the phone.
3) Check "Show Bluetooth Status in the menu bar" in system preferences/settings.
4) You can now click the BT symbol on the menu bar and choose either "Send File" or "Browse device".

Works quickly and smoothly.

Arne

hi
My G4 sees my Samsung D600 via a bluetooth dongle and I can access the media files, but I can't access the phonebook to add numbers to it, or sync it to Address Book

Does anybody know how I can upload the phonebook to my G4 to add to it?

Thanks

Android

(G4 Dual 867 running 10.4.3)

Android,
onSync (check Versiontracker) works OK. A bit of handiwork is necessary, mainly because the Address book has two fields for e-mail. E-mail addresses from the phone go to "other" if you don't intervene. The other way (from mac to phone) is a bit of a pain whatever you do. Choose "D500 or similar" from the menu.

I think this program is as good as it gets. I am still trying it out and will buy it if I don' find any serious errors. Worth the price.

Arne

I have managed to get the D600's modem working on Mac OSX. Copy the MMHS Modem file I have attached to this post to \Library\Modem Scripts of your startup drive. Now you need to go to Internet Connect (plug your phone in via USB cable) and get it to use the MMHS Modem script. For the number and username/password you need to dial refer to your service provider (I'm with O2 UK, the number to dial is *99# and username and password are "username" and "password". Now you're set! Just press connect from Internet Connect and this should work! Email me if you've got a problem with any of the instructions...
Peace

Attachments

• MMHS Modem.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 79
Back