Congrats macguy17 !!!!!!

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
In an attempt to stop this insanity with post count congrats threads, I decided to make a congrats thread that actually means something...and ACTUAL achievement ;) ---

So I call on you OS X members to put your hands together for MAcguy17 who had his commencement yesterday :)

tell us about it macguy ;) -- what did you graduate ? HS ? college ? what are your plans now ? (dont tell us that you will go to disneyworld :p)

Admiral

er hmmmm....
8th grade. Heh.

Well, I am cursed with a school that makes a big how-to-do about 8th grade. I guess cuz I've gone there for 9 years =)
stupid perochial school =)

Sorry if you expected high school or college =)
But we had several ceremonies so technically it was a commencement.
and xoot, i didn't ask for this. I'm rather embarressed in fact =)

HAH! My congrats thread carries more prestige than yours xoot. =)

Yeah, so much prestige that the smileys are wrong.

Correct: :)
Incorrect: =)

P.S.:Sorry for ratting at you like that, I was feeling bored. :p

Congratz!

I think there's an inverse relationship between the level of the degree or accomplishment and the fuss that's made about it. For instance, graduating from high school is such a huge deal, college is a little less, masters even less, and when you finally get to a PhD you're so tired that you could hardly care less. At least that's my experience in grad school. :rolleyes:

lol so true :p
I am not inviting my parents to my college graduation next year :p I dont want the fuss. My father is ok, he is like me, quiet, but others are REALLY noisy like its a big deal :p

I think that people get less fussy about PhDs because most people dont have a PhD, and the same as masters, so people dont want to celebrate for teh good fortune (and intelligence :p) of others cause inadertantly they might feel inferior :p

Do people feel inferior if they create a congrats thread for someone with more posts than them?

Originally posted by xoot
Do people feel inferior if they create a congrats thread for someone with more posts than them?
Only if you're suffering from "Your post count is bigger than mine" syndrome. :rolleyes: But most of us have realized that post counts don't matter.

Well anyway...
YAY MY CONGRATS THREAD IS FOR A MORE IMPORTANT EVENT THE YOURS XOOT!!
LOL. Well, it is nice to see that people here care, because it give me those warm fuzzies inside... :D

Hey, congrats Macguy. Graduating from 8th grade is cool. nothing wrong with being proud you did it. and it certainly is a bigger accomplishment than xoot posting 1000 (or even 5000) posts. Hey, maybe you'll even end up inviting me to your high school graduation in 4 years.

i must also take this opportunity to point out that the quality of your posts has been getting much better recently. i always enjoy chatting with you in the B&G - comparing weather and stuff. Know that you have one thing, that xoot seems like he will never have - the ability to catch on quickly:D

Back