Connecting to file servers

Verres

Registered
Hello everyone,

I have the following question: Is it possible to tell MAC OS X to automatically connect to file servers at system startup

Every time I have to connect to my servers volumes via Go/Connect to Server..)... Can I avoid this?

Apart from that, it would be nice, if I were able to connect to FTP Servers the same way ... but 'till now, I didn't get that working (via Go/Connect to Server)

BTW, it is normal, that is takes one minute to connect? Do I have to change some server or client settings to reduce the connection-time .. Has MAC OS X some problems with OS/2 Servers?

Thank you!

Verres

...and I quote, "Mac OS X can open or execute designated login items immediately after you log in to the computer. To make a server's Internet Location file a login item, follow these steps:

1. Choose Connect to Server from the Go menu.
2. Navigate to the desired server and select it, or type the server's address.
3. Click Add to Favorites. A location file is created in your Favorites folder.
4. Click Cancel.
5. Choose Favorites from the Go menu.
6. Locate the location file that you created. It should have the name or IP address of the server you selected.
7. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
8. Choose Login from the View menu.
9. Drag the location file into the Login Items list.

The next time you log in to the computer, a Connect to Server dialog box will appear. Type your name and password or select Guest access, as necessary, then click Connect.

Important: This method is designed for AFP servers connected over AppleTalk or TCP/IP. SMB and NFS servers do not work with this method. "

Back