Consolidoting Canon Scans

Sparrowhawk

Registered
Greetings,
I use a CanonScan 8400 F with my eMac. My problem is infuriatingly simple: When I make a scan, unless I name it and go through the routine of placing it in iPhoto, when I save a scan it vanishes into some unknown file identified by number only. (Like 2000, or Thumbnail.) Is there a way of consolidating these errant scans into one place where I can find them? Sparrowhawk.

Check in your software preferences for a "download to" option. Not familiar with exactly your scanner, but most that I have seen allow you to choose where to place the scans. I usually create a folder on my desktop and tell the software to save there.

.... My problem is infuriatingly simple: When I make a scan, unless I name it and go through the routine of placing it in iPhoto, when I save a scan it vanishes into some unknown file identified by number only. ...
You scans are stored in your Pictures folder.

I have the same problem with my HP Desktop F380.

Even when I override the persistent save to Pictures behavior, it still saves a numbered file in Pictures which I have to manually trash.

Look forward to even more of this recalcitrant behavior once Leopard forces all downloads into a Desktop folder.

Back