Converting eyetv files to Divx Avi using Divx Pro

gorgeousgeorge

Registered
Hi all,
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this query - moderately new user - well had my imac for 2 years but havent spent a lot of time getting up to speed with it - needs basis only.
query - i have eyetv elgato about 2 years old running vers 2.5.3 of the related software - I have a hard disc full of recorded material and want to convert it to divx - bought Divx Pro - mind you only $30 Australian- in the understanding that it would easily and quickly!! (toast takes about 3 days!) convert .eyetv files to divx avi - that function is available on the pull down menu in eyetv and it did it once when i used a trial version of Divx Pro.

Now it refuses to do it saying that the version i have is not supported and to go back to divx - i have the latest version of divx though.

I do notice that eyetv are selling their own divx converter for $100 and suspect this may be the issue

Does anyone else have this problem or know a workaround to it - do i have to go back to older versions??

Divx have told me that they dont have any agreements with or information about eyetv and to go and ask eyetv. Eyetv have not so far responded to my requests for an answer.

Any clues??
Apologies for long query.

Cheers
George

Hi George, I too had this problem when I upgraded to DivX 7.0. I used to regularly encode my EyeTV files into AVI so not being able too became most frustrating. Basically if you have a G4 processor DivX 7 wont provide support. DivX also state that Elgato need to upgrade there software package to come in line with their software. Alas the poor end user suffers the most. There is however a solution without having to wait for a software upgrade. This is how I managed to rectify the problem.
Firstly you need to uninstall DivX 7.0. This is not as easy as it sounds and I found the best way of totally eradicating it off my Mac was to download CleanApp and delete the application using this utility. Next I downloaded DivX 6.x and installed that version back onto my Mac. I then tested my ability to convert to AVI and it didn't work, the same error message appeared on my screen advising me to go to the DivX website for further assistance. What I actually did was to reinstall EyeTV on top of the existing application and Hey Presto, it works perfectly again. I hope this has been valuable to you or any other readers experiencing this difficulty.

Back