could i put a pay and go 02 sim card inside an iphone?

imacg5guy

Registered
i know some real thick people and they have been saying that an iphone works for any network, now there thick - ignore them, so, i know you can only get iphone on 02, so what if i put a pay&go sim card inside it (obviously an 02 one...)?The contract is just to much - £45!! thats way to much per month...
help any body?

It should work.

But be aware that the iPhone has a tendancy of connecting to the web regularly. If you don't have those contracts that provide an unlimited data-access to the web, you may find that your pay&go will be quickly insufficient.

"it should work" is no good. You don't go buy an iPhone with the notion that it "should work". Why not simply call O2 about it? I'm sure they have some Call Center that'll have the info for you. Their website could help, too.

Basically:

Either they allow the use of pay&go cards in their iPhones on their network and activation in iTunes works – or they don't. It's not like you've found a secret passway that only works if you don't ask them. ;)

ok, i might either take a shot at it when i get some cash, or i might settle for an ipod touch, yet i do need a new phone, my phones ANCIENT!!

"it should work" is no good

I answered this because the main issue with iPhone is ensuring your contract gives you unlimited use of data-access to the web. Because even if it "does work" and you pay as you use the data-access, the costs of this may will quickly exceed those of the iPhone.

So if you want to look fancy with an iPhone but don't want to pay the entry price of a standard contract, buy an iPhone and leave it switched off. JOKE...

It does work, albeit with a little hacking. I am using a UK bought 1.1.2 iPhone with an O2 PAYG. Everything works, except visual voicemail.

It does work, albeit with a little hacking. I am using a UK bought 1.1.2 iPhone with an O2 PAYG. Everything works, except visual voicemail.

Hi there ...have iphone +o2 payandgo hacked same as yourself ...phone works but data not working is this working for you..if so how ...help most appriciated...Nick

Back