Crashing at Screensaver in XP

SML604

Registered
Hey all,

I have a mid 2008 Peryn MBP running bootcamp 2.2, and just recently, I've started getting a weird crash. After the computer is running a screen saver for sever hours (eg. overnight), it seems to the lock up. No BSOD or log file is generated (I might have set up the log wrong, but I can't find it).

I recently did a full reformat of my Windows partition. I was hoping this would fix it, and while its done wonders for some other minor issues, the freezing problem has remained. I haven't added anything new (software or hardware) that would have caused this issue, either. I can't get the problem to replicate in OSX, so I think its an XP issue, but who knows.

This computer has been wonky since the day one (it's been in the shop 3 times - faulty logic board, battery and fan), so I'm just hoping its not another hardware issue.

Here's a list of things I've already tried:
- New GPU drivers
- All relevant updates in XP (both apple and windows)
- All updates on the OSX side
- Computer is running a FRESH install of XP SP3

Thanks in advance for your help. Any ideas are appreciated!

Regards,

Sean

New developments...

After leaving my MBP on while I went to work, I decided to turn off the screen saver and replace it with the powersaving monitor-off option. I came home to find the system locked up. The screen was off, but you could still hear the fans spinning quietly. I'm going to keep a look at the temps after its been running for a while, but I don't think its an over heating issue, because the laptop has been cool to the touch everytime I've found it crashed.

Please...anyone - chime in.

Back