creating a disk image that can be read on Windows?

Browni

Registered
How do i create a disk image that can be read on windows? Having real problems doing this.

Adam

You create a CD-Master type file with Disk Utility and rename it .iso -> Burn it with Nero, for example.

Once you get the crank out an ISO file on your Mac and bring it over to the PC, you can get a program called ISOBuster which I believe will allow you to access files from within the image. ISOBuster is either free or shareware, I was able to use it to do whatever I needed at the time.

Is that so? A '.cdr' file is really just an ISO with a goofy extension? Well I never...

All im doing is iso'ing some files and emailing them to a friend do i need to burn them? what does this do?

Why don't you zip or Stuffit the files and save yourself and your friend the hassle? Email the iso alone means sending uncompressed data, hope you two have broadband.

It is possible to make the iso, then compress it. If you don't want to pay for StuffIt deluxe, go on VersionTracker and look for ColdCompress (I think that's the name). It's basically a GUI interface for the built-in tar and gzip command line tools. tar.gz files are readable in Windows using WinZip.

Back