CSS Editors for OS X

quiksan

awesomer...
What CSS editors are recommended? I ususally hand code or use dreamweaver's css, but with css getting so in depth, I'm wondering what CSS editors are the best (by user opinion) for OS X.

I know, I'm headed to version tracker, but I'd like to hear what fellow OS X'ers have to say.

thx!

I came across CSSEdit from macrabbit.com
anyone? anyone? I'm trying it out tonight. so far looks promising...

still, would love to hear from others...

Oh and subethaedit is a great webpage editor it has syntax highlighting for css and many other languages.

yeah, I've played with skEdit. not sure I'm sold on it yet.
LOVE subethaedit though. been on that bandwagon a while.

thanks for the replies. i AM liking cssedit thus far.

Hand coding in DW MX04 is my usual/preferred method...much quicker for me than using BBEdit. Haven't had a chance to test out SKEdit much, but it's definitely a promising alternative to BBEdit so far.

From what I saw of CSSEdit, if you're pretty familiar with CSS then it might slow you down a bit. Er...at least it seems that way for me. Then again I'm very set in a way I like to work...a routine of sorts...so it might just be the old 'change' thing that's causing my issues with it.

about the only time I use DWMX anymore, is when I need some advanced find and replace stuff - or to move files/folders around, so they're auto updated. otherwise I hand code in subethaedit.
But while I'm decent with css, I don't know all the stuff, so having a decent editor for it would be beneficial at times

thanks for all your input guys.

My vote is for CSSEdit. The application is a little buggy (crashes about 2 times a week), but it is a big help. Unlike DW MX(don't know about MX 2004), CSSEdit spits out "compressed", or "shorthand" CSS. For example:
body {
background: #555 repeat-y url(images/pattern.png) 10px 5px;
}

If CSSEdit does not float your boat(or <div>, ahahaha), you can give http://westciv.com/style_master/index.html a try.

Nummi_G4 said:
My vote is for CSSEdit. The application is a little buggy (crashes about 2 times a week), but it is a big help. Unlike DW MX(don't know about MX 2004), CSSEdit spits out "compressed", or "shorthand" CSS. For example:
body {
background: #555 repeat-y url(images/pattern.png) 10px 5px;
}

If CSSEdit does not float your boat(or <div>, ahahaha), you can give http://westciv.com/style_master/index.html a try.

geek/coding humor is awesome!! lol :) nice

i like the look of style_master - but wow, seems like a steep price for a css editor. guess if it gets the job done.

I haven't totally been able to get into the cssedit thing. I continue to hand code. may just stick to it. who knows.
thanks again for the feedback.

Back