cups help needed!

floris

Registered
I am in a Novell network enviremont, there is a NDPS manager which links to a FieryX12 (xerox docucolor). The NDPS manager is using IPP to communicate to windows client (iPrint). Added a IPP queue in MacOS X (printcenter - add printer (while holding the alt-button) then you can choose an advanced option!).
This is what the printer.conf file looks like:

</Printer>
<Printer FieryX12_Xerox_Printshop>
Info FieryX12 Xerox Printshop
DeviceURI ipp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp/Printshop_XRColor12
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0

Most of the time I have no problem, but sometimes the printjob seems to be stuck somewhere in cups. In printcenter the job keeps polling the printer
(connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Keeps on polling........

looked in my cups error log:

I [06/Apr/2004:12:32:22 +0200] Printer 'FieryX12_Xerox_Printshop' started by ''.
I [06/Apr/2004:12:34:13 +0200] Job 99 queued on 'FieryX12_Xerox_Printshop' by 'student'.
I [06/Apr/2004:12:34:13 +0200] Started filter /usr/libexec/cups/filter/pictwpstops (PID 477) for job 99.
I [06/Apr/2004:12:34:13 +0200] Started backend /usr/libexec/cups/backend/ipp (PID 478) for job 99.

the job keeps on connecting until I cancel the job.

It's an Indesign document, but happens with quark as well.

Help!

Does it print for any other programs? If it does but does not print for only quark or indesign, you may have to configure the mime types in the cups configuration files. Go to linuxprinting.org and there is a lot of information on this topic. I have never ran into this problem but it sounds like what you may be experiencing.

it couldn't be that the printer just stops accepting connections on port 631 could it? i.e. that it really isn't your problem - nobody else could print either?

Back