"Customize your own Warez CDs"

toast

Gone !
I already received two of those mails, proposing for some cracked Windows software, sent by fictitious AOL email addresses. Any of you received them too ?

My point is : where the f### did they found my e-mail address ???

At the end of their mail, there is a .html file they say you must click to command. I opened the file in BBEdit: it's a JavaScript that does strange matrix operations with predefined numbers… but nothing on disk !

There's just a line that troubles me : document.write(Stri)

Stri is a variable from the script. I'd like to post the whole script but I've trashed it…

So ? Any ideas ? Any similar experience ? I'd like to get my name out of this damn list !!!

Everytime you do anything on the web someone is watching. Someone probably sold you email address. Companies can get big bucks for doing it. I just try to bounce all my spam mail (you can do that with mail.app) and NEVER click on an un-subscribe link unless you know it's a legit company.

It's sad but it happens.

Also who do you have your email though? There is ways (or so i've heard) so send to everyone at a certin domain without actually knowing the persons address.

Twister

Didn't it used to work that you could just send to *@mac.com and everyone with a mac.com addy would get it? I'm sure they've fixed it now ;)

I know that if I send to year08@*insertschoolnamehere*.wa.edu.au will send an email to every girl in my sister's year group at her school haha. (They graduate in 2008, and every girl's username on their laptops ends in the year they graduate in,:p )

Back