"Dashboard" erased

timothyalberino

Registered
I have an imac. The other day I was out of town and a someone was house sitting for me and decided to use my imac. This person became irritated with the dashboard app appearing on the screen every time they moved their mouse to the lower corners, so they decided to try and delete the dashboard app from the dock. They succeeded in removing from the dock, but later when they tried to put it back something went wrong. The person who was using the imac only speaks and reads spanish and since everything on my imac is in english they had no idea what they were clicking on. So now dashboard is no longer on my dock, and when I looked for it in applications I found that it's logo was missing and had been replaced with a circle with a line through it like a no smoking sign, and when I click on that I get this message, "You can't open the application "Dashboard" because it is not supported on this architecture." What happened... where is the dashboard app? Please help me get it back.

-Thanks

Press on the f-key that enables Dashboard (F12 r F4? Depends on the OS, and as I don't use it at all it's all disabled, sorry for poor memory). Or drag the mouse to the corner that activates it.
If it works, you're set.
Just drag Dashboard from /Applications if you need it (but as you have it also from a corner of the screen to start with, and also with the function key, why do you need a third method for it?)

If it doesn't work, archive and install.

And never leave anybody but yourself or someone you'd trust your life with to use your Mac on your account, or any even remotely admin account. That is what guest account is for.

Back