Dashboard rips off Konfabulator

I just start using Konfabulator but have to agree, if I didn't hear of Dashboard, then I never would have tried Konfabulator. I can't wait for Apple to roll out their gadgets. Plus then any developers will be able to write for the entire Tiget installed base, not just those that purchased Konfabulator

i just read the first page and wanted to respond, yes Apple did rip off the idea of Konfabulator, i'll admit, and Konfabulator is a rip-off active desktop. But anyways lets digress....Steve Jobs saw people developing widgets and well he want to mass market them, to everyone even to people who dont know what konfabulator is (heck i didnt know what it was till this post), he even said at the end of WWDC2004 that Dashboard is made with widgets (no duh!) but u could develop them with scripts...he is just letting programmers have fun.

pds said:
rgrphc2

you should have read the whole thread.
Daring Fireball

I did, after i posted. I still got the same feelings but the creator of Konfabulator should be proud that his app insipired Dashboard, i'm not a big fan of it, cause theres no way to remove them without closing the widgets

Back