Deleting A folder that keeps coming back...

twiggs462

Registered
Anyhelp anyone can give me would help out...thanks in advance for anyone who can contribute... anyways...

I had OS9 installed with my OSX and I didn't need the OS anymore becuase I don't use any software that utilizes it. I called apple and the tech guys said there was no easy way to remove OS9 once it is installed so.... They then told me to do the following...

I was having problems deleting the folders that were created during the install of OS9 becasue the computer said they were owned by "ROOT"...

So I was told to open the "terminal" and use the following Unix command to get passed the copy protection...

sudo rm -r *

*= is where the directory i wanted to delete would be. To get the directory there all i had to do was drag it into the terminal window. Then after i would press Return the terminal would ask me for a password... then it would delete the folders/files...

It deleted all of OS9 from what I could see. Now every time i restart my machine or turn it on. An alias to "Desktop (Mac OS 9)" keeps coming back and it is driving me nuts.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Once again thanks for any help...

Peace

-Twiggs

Back