Desktop Display Problems/imax OS X 10.2.8

noselis

Registered
I connected my iPod shuffle to charge up, when I returned after about 30 minutes my desktop display changed to a green colour similar to the iPod shuffle box and the overall display now looks ghostly. I have gone to system preferences and tried to restore display settings back to what it should be, without success. Please can someone help!

Well, you didn't say what you're hardware is, but it sounds like you have a loose connection to your monitor. Try securing your connections.

Hi Eric 2006!

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I am currently using an Imac 17" Machine Model PowerMac6,1 (version=3.3). I have checked for any loose connections and even reconnected all external devices. All text is now apple green and it seems as if the screen has a ghostly/cloudy filter. Everything else is working fine. This only started after connecting my new iPod shuffle to the back usb port of the main computer. I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else and how they were able to resolve it.

Hmm.. hopefully this is a software problem, and not something wrong inside the mac.. When you boot up, is the grey apple loading screen the same color? Also, try booting into safe mode, and see if in safe mode the display is normal

There have been known issues with USB devices causing display problems on iMac G4s (including USB hubs causing the issues).

That is something that is going to most likely need servicing.

Sorry about that.

Back