Did I Make a Mistake?

At this rate, I don't think the airplanes will be able to catch me. :D

I did, however, have a teeny, tiny traumatic experience. Even though it didn't seem so teeny or tiny at the time...

After Circuit City installed the RAM, I went to a hotspot to test it out. I noticed that I only had two out of four bars in my AirPort icon (which is very unusual for the place I was at; I usually have a full, strong signal there), so I thought, OK, maybe the signal is just weak ... whatever. So I continued. Everything was working great and flying fast. For about an hour. Then I lost the signal, and then it came back a few minutes later. Then I lost it again ... for good. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. I went to THREE other hotspots. No luck. I started to panic. I thought CC totally ruined my computer somehow. Then I started thinking ... he had to remove the AirPort card to install the RAM. I bet it's just a loose connection. He probably didn't push the cable all the way back into the AirPort card. I was REALLY hoping that was all it was. So, I got home and took my computer apart (yep, I'm a geek now!) and reinserted the little AirPort cable ... and viola! Sure enough, that fixed it. Signal is strong everywhere now and back to normal.

Whew! :)

ha ha trust circuit city....

now you'll be able to have itunes, iphoto, a few safari windows, IM, Mail, Office and all of that all open at the same, for weeks and weeks on end...

ha ha trust circuit city....

now you'll be able to have itunes, iphoto, a few safari windows, IM, Mail, Office and all of that all open at the same, for weeks and weeks on end...

What do you mean now?? I've been doing that (or something similar) for a while on my iMac G5 running Tiger with only 512 MB RAM!! :D

Actually, it holds its own pretty well, but it does have to think about things once in a while. :p

By the way, even Web pages seem to be rendered more quickly with my 1.25 GB RAM. I know everyone says Internet is based on connection speed, but I swear everything moves faster ... Web page rendering, windows, toggling from app to app ... just everything!

OK, I'll shut up now. :D

By the way, Amie, have you tried playing Second Life on your iBook? I'm rather curious to know if it's playable.

Back