digitizing vinyl

hazmat

Rusher of Din
What are the better apps for OS X to digitize vinyl? I am going to get an iMic for my Quicksilver soon, and it seems that most of the recommended apps out there are not carbonized, yet at least. One that is, is Sound Studio. Any comments? What I basically need is one to record the record and break it up into tracks, and then another to clean up the crackles and pops and such.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I used Sound Studio for a bit, but found that it has a bit of a bug where it will sometimes mangle playback of files you have edited. A more reliable option (and $10 cheaper shareware fee!) is Amadeus which also has the ability to save directly as MP3s.

Thanks. So this is a good tool to record vinyl to the computer? And it can break it up into individual tracks? Sorry, but the documentation for me is a bit vague. And what about the crackles and pops for vinyl?

my personal feeling is that you should go back to OS9 for this if you really care about the quality...

I'm not sure how many audio people are using OS X to do their stuffs...

you don't see drivers for many hardwares either...

Yope, sad, but true, there aren't any *real* OS X audio/music app yet, I think :(

Happy new year! :D

Back