Dirty desktops

How often do you clean your desk? (the surface, with windex, not organizationally)

• Frequently - Once every week to two weeks

• Seldom - Once a month

• Almost never - Once every six months

• Never - Unless you get new equipment, at which point you just shove it all to the side.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And here I thought this was going to be a poll about "Do you have naughty pictures as your desktop image?" :)

My desktop at work is in serious need of cleaning, but I hate to go on a safari to round up all the dust rhinocerii. :D I am constantly surprised by the janitorial staff here. They vacuum once in a blue moon, and never clean desktops (even mine, which has nothing on top!).

Originally posted by nkuvu
And here I thought this was going to be a poll about "Do you have naughty pictures as your desktop image?" :)
same here, i thought someone was on to me.

mine is very messy, tons of cables, school books (my brothers), college stuff, computer books, boxes, CDs. I will clean it when e leaves school, it's too much effort otherwise.

My home desktop is pretty clean. I have a shot of it here and it looks pretty much the same now.

I suppose I could start a new poll...

Cleaned EVERY WEEK! :)

I am forced to clean it off since we're trying to sell our house.

God forbid that my desk of all things is messy :rolleyes:. It's not like MY DESK is gonna make or break a sale ;)

Mine is pretty messy, it's got plants in pots on it shedding leaves and so on. I clean it pretty rarely. If there are germs on it, they're my germs anyway, right?

Here's another interesting stat: apparently, the average N. American kitchen sink has more fecal bacteria than the average N. American toilet bowl. The reason is the amount of meat we tend to eat - the animals' intestines rupture and spill feces on the meat during the butchering process something like one in five times. Then we trim the fat from a cut of meat and toss it in the sink, etc.

Sorry, no links; it was in the Globe and Mail a month or so ago.

Originally posted by scruffy
Here's another interesting stat: apparently, the average N. American kitchen sink has more fecal bacteria than the average N. American toilet bowl. The reason is the amount of meat we tend to eat - the animals' intestines rupture and spill feces on the meat during the butchering process something like one in five times. Then we trim the fat from a cut of meat and toss it in the sink, etc.
Bleeeargh. Yet another reason I like being vegetarian... :p

Back