Disturbing Behavior

jeffrito

Registered
I know this is probably not the right place for this post. There needs to be an issues forum/board here.

Something disturbing happened to my Mac yesterday. I've tried to figure out what changed. I did install Norton firewall and Internet Security, but turned those off when I noticed the problem.

Here's what happens... If I open Safari and visit any site, normal browsing is the norm. If I go to Apple.com the page never finishes loading, safari craps out, and kernel_task goes nuts. I'm attaching two shots from Activity Monitor showing the stats. I have to restart to get control again. Everything stays fine until I go to Apple.com with Safari again. Then I can't open anything. Quitting Safari does not help. Anyone else had this? I did a complete virus scan and the machine is clean based on Symantic's latest files.

Please help. Jeff.

Attachments

• Busy.jpg
    Busy.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 9
  • Normal.jpg
    Normal.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 6
You will find that Norton products, especially the firewall program is not a favorite for Mac people. A complete removal of the programs is suggested. Moreover, you can create another user account to see if this happens consistently.

I know this is probably not the right place for this post. There needs to be an issues forum/board here.

Correct. This type of post belongs in the System & Software forum.

Moving.

Back