Dockingstation for 15'' alubook

And it's not a Dock in the sense that it offers more. It just duplicates the ports the book's got, anyway. I don't think it's worth the price. Sure, it's a drag to put in three or four cables, but putting the 'book into this Dock is about the same hassle, as you can't just slide it in (as with 'real' Docks known from the famous Apple PowerBook Duo line) with one movement.

fryke, I wouldn't blame the fact that you can't slide it in on these guys, I'd blame Apple. It was their idea to put the plugs on both sides of the PowerBook. Anyway, if it means saving €250, I'll gladly plug the power cord and USB mouse in manually every time I sit down...

Wow that looks just scarey to me, what happenes when you crank on that lever and something isn't lined up just right? There go you're ports or the dock connectors. No thanks not for me, not a big deal anyway with a Bluetooth mouse and Airpot extreme. The only thing I usually need to plug in is a power adapter. Maybe from time to time a set of speakers.

Personally I never got the point of docks, why buy a portable if you really want a desktop?

It is some kind of tradition. You should be portable when you are on the road, but you want to have a nice station when you are sessile. And in those days, most of the laptops didn't have a CD-Rom unit. This came with the docking station... There is really no use in a docking station now, but a better looking desk. There are no blank cables flying around... If my boss would pay for this together with a kensington lock (and a alubook 15'' ;)) I wouldn't really mind...

I dunno,..they say they will have info on a 17' model in March. I'm kinda interested. I would like to be able to plug my AlumBook back into my home setup without having to reconnect every single plug (yup i use just about all of em) or having to pick up the usb cord and the ethernet cord that fell to the floor when I unplugged everything to take it with me.
Even if it isnt a true 1click and your plugged in style dock, anything that saves me time is a good thing.

Back