Does anyone have a Roomba

Durbrow

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has a Roomba (iRobot vacuum cleaner) and have good or bad experiences with it. The new models are coming out next week. Any pet-owning roomba users? Thanks for any impressions.

I had/have one and my mother also. My mother bought the new one about a month ago and gave me her old one. Mine is so, so. I have about 800 square feet of carpet and additional 1200 of hardwood. It doesn't a pretty good job of cleaning and rarely gets stuck. It took about 2 weeks for my dogs to adjust to it the entire top canister has about 200 bite marks now, but still runs good. My only complaint on the older one that I have is that it takes quite a long time to charge and I am not going to buy the rapid charger. For most people I dont' know how useful it is. The only reason that I really use it is because my dogs shed so much that I had to take the regular vacuum out every other day anyway. I good bagless upright is properly more than adequate for most, plus they usally have a larger canister and you don't have to worry about forgetting to plug it in.

I had one for a while and it was pretty fun, but I sold it because it didn't really meet my needs. I was hoping for something that I could just turn on and walk away from. However, it takes a long long time for the robot to really clean the whole floor, and often it wouldn't get certain areas. I had to do so much furniture moving & help it out so much, along with the fact that it really doesn't vacuum all that well, that I just decided to get rid of it.

Fun little toy though. I had mine around 1 1/2 or 2 years ago so maybe the new ones are better.

Back