Does anyone know about the differences between the Win iPod and the Mac iPod?

uncle_john

Registered
What i wanted to know is if the iPod for PC would use programs such as Outlook for contacts or possibly use your .NET reminders and appointments and automatically sync them to the iPod? I know Steve didnt mention any thing of the sort on the Keynote but those are things that might be of interest to me (ps. im a student...and i sometimes forget things...including homework). And do you know if when i purchase a mac if the iPod for windows will also be fully compatible with MacOS X.

Thanks a bunch!

There is no "Windows iPod" and "Mac iPod" -- just iPod, as it has been up to this point. The physical hardware is the same.

The difference will be how you sync up the iPod. Windows users are stuck with the craptacular MusicMatch software, and Mac users will continue to use iTunes.

Also, your purchasing options differ. If you buy the PC-friendly package, you get the MusicMatch software and a FireWire adapter (6-to-4 pin) , whereas with the Mac-friendly packaging, you get a standard FireWire cable but no adapter, and iTunes 3.

Back