Donation Elaboration

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
I already donated during the last blackout, so this doesn't neccessarily apply to me, but can you guys elaborate on your expenses? For example, can you give us some cold numbers on your technical side? bandwidth expenditure? Disk space? Hardware upgrades? Do you run your own server? T1? T3? Or the ammounts of time you're putting in to improve this site? Is there somewhere we can go to see a timeline on updates/improvements?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I run a handful of small websites myself, some use 40-50 gigs of bandwith per month, including one with a phpBB forum with about 200 users - they don't have 5MB of disk space like this site does, and no photo gallery page. Just was curious.

Well, since the subject came up. I donated last time, but I was still a newbie of sorts, though I had seen some potential and had gotten good advice. Now, I feel more comfortable here and get more out, so I tried to make a second donation to top off the smaller amount from the first time, but paypal won't let me saying I've already paid on this account. So is there a way to make a second donation, or a different donation that is still credited to me?

Back