double trouble

tkdragon

Registered
After I installed my new Radeon 8500, my Displays preference pane has given me a new option. The arrangment shows two displays (I only have one) and how you can arrange them respectivly to each other. Since I do have only one, I have no use for the other one. It is annoying in the following ways:
  • Taking a screenshot captures both displays (very large file)
  • My mouse gets stuck in the empty display, and it takes a while to get it back under control
  • It messes with my virtual desktops application Desktop Manager (really cool, go check it out)
So, my question is, how do I get rid of this extra display? I've looked in ATI Utilities and haven't found anything. Any ideas?
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about

You installed a new card, did you remove the old? It is thinking you have two monitors.

click on the Display button. In that window click on Detect displays. That should let the system know you only have one.

Use the OS CD to start up the computer, then at the installer screen go to the Installer Menu and select Disk Utility. Run that on your drive. When done, start it up normally and see if the problem is still there.

Back