Dragging Problems

scarbro103

Registered
I am running Tiger and am having problems with dragging and dropping items along with highlighting text. When I attempt to drag something over top of a folder or another object the item is either dropped into the folder or the objects are switched, etc. before I release the mouse button. This is a major problem in programs such as itunes when I am attempting to create and manage playlists. I am also having trouble highlighting text, as it sometimes will only highlight a portion of the text, or attempt to move the text before I am done selecting what needs to be highlighted, or highlight a different portion of the text than I am attempting to highlight. I am guessing this problems are related as they both seem to deal with the drag and drop sensitivity. I did not have this problem when I first started using my Mac, less than 5 months ago. I have the feeling this is a bug or that I have accidently changed my settings somehow. How can I restore the default setting or get rid of this problem??

This sounds more like a hardware problem with your mouse. Are you using a mouse, or a touchpad on a portable Mac? If you are using a mouse, try a different one and see what happens. If you are using a portable, plug a mouse into it. I think that, depending on which area of the button on my iBook I press, sometimes it releases before I want it to, especially if I am trying to drag something around, and am only using one hand to get it done.

Back