Dreamweaver: Can I OMIT in Find and Replace?

MDLarson

Registered
I just added some code (evil guest-tracking code! ::evil::) that I want to be on every single page of my website... I've updated all of my templates, which in turn update all of their associated pages, but I know I have some pages that are independant of templates that I'd like to update as well.

I know I can search for any text string in Dreamweaver's Find and Replace sitewide, but can I omit that text string and find all documents that do NOT have it?

Alternatively, is there an easy method for determining which files in my website do not have a template assigned?

Thanks!

I know you are using Dreamweaver but I'm pretty sure BBEdit allows you to only search certain pages and use regular expressions to more exact with the search.

A ha! Thanks for the tip in a new direction! I do not have BBEdit, but TextWrangler (Free, also made by Bare Bones) does the job perfectly.

I can go to the Find & Replace window, type in my line of code (in my case it's <!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->), click on the Options… button, and check "Exclude Matches".

I now have 51 files to review!

Back